- Grateful Hearts is committed to the War on hunger. Whether it is providing meals for deployed soldiers families, delivering food to shut-ins, or providing a refrigerator for a single mom in need, Grateful Hearts mission is to see that none of our neighbors go hungry, ever.
- Serving Orange County and the greater Los Angeles areas, Grateful Hearts currently assists well over 50,000 individuals each year, not including the over 80 outside agencies who also receive ongoing assistance from Grateful Hearts including Veteran Services, Child and Family Services, several Mental Health Agencies, among others.
- International aid is also a priority for Grateful Hearts. Food items, Furniture and pallets full of new clothing, flip flops, over the counter medicine, medical supplies, vitamins, lotions and hygiene items are sent to both Grateful Hearts in Tecate, Mexico and Grateful Hearts in Nicaragua. These items are then distributed to the poor and disenfranchised via hospitals, orphanages, churches and women's jails.
Being a community Resource Center for those in need, Grateful Hearts has been in full swing sending emergency supplies to several areas ravaged by hurricanes, tropical storms, earthquakes and fires.
Grateful Hearts staff have been busy packing suitcases and pallets with emergency donations and have seen them reach their intended destinations and distributed to those in dire need.
Food, water, batteries, solar lights, inflatable mattresses, power stations, hygiene products and cleaning supplies among other items have been sent recently to Houston, Mexico, Nicaragua and Puerto Rico.
This is a costly mission, but together we can see many more of these needs met!
General Donation Fund:
Grateful Hearts is currently experiencing a time of transition as we moved out of our facility on Katella Ave in Los Alamitos and are temporarily leasing both refrigeration, storage and work space from Frieda's Specialty Produce company (4465 Corporate Center Dr. Los Al) until the end of Nov 2017.
Our Food Bank is currently a "Farmers Market Style" outdoor pantry temporarily being held in the Northwest Corner of Cottonwood Church parking lot at 4505 Katella Ave. Cypress, Ca 90630
We are in the process of searching for a new and permanent home for both our Storehouse (Food Distribution and warehouse for storing the many pallets we receive)
The Benefit to You for Partnering with Grateful Hearts through donations:
- Your donation will help provide food and clothing for a multitude of families. You will help touch the lives of thousands which will affect and shape their lives forever. With your participation, people's lives will be incredibly impacted, causing them to rise up and be all that they were created to be.
- You will also receive an IRS tax-write off from the federal and state government. Grateful Hearts is a non-profit organization, Internal Revenue Code, Section 501(c)(3), Tax ID 33-0905753.
Credit card donations are welcome, however, due to the processing costs associated with using a credit card, use of checking or savings accounts for e-giving is greatly appreciated.
If you have questions please contact us directly at (562) 431-0880 or e-mail us at email@example.com.