We are the Bryson clan: Scott, Chelli and our 4 kids. We served as full-time missionaries in Indonesia in 2017. Then in 2018, God re-directed us to serve with YWAM Marine Reach, based in New Zealand. Scott is an Emergency Physician, and Chelli is a Dentist. For the past several years, we have contributed to medical outreaches in various regions of Polynesia, Indonesia, and Melanesia. Melanesia is a very impoverished region of the South Pacific (just north of New Zealand), comprised of thousands of isolated islands, including Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, West Papua (Indonesia), and Papua New Guinea.
Nutshell Version of Our Vision: We aim to imitate Jesus Christ, by sharing His love and compassion in Pacific island nations through prayer, teaching, mentoring, discipleship, evangelism, consultation, and direct medical / dental patient care. May God give us strength and be glorified as we seek to serve Him!
Coconut-Sized Version of Our Vision: To expound upon this vision a bit; Our ministry is modeled after Jesus' earthly ministry as summarized by Matthew 9:35-38:
We function as a Regional Resource to the many islands of the Pacific: ("Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages..." Matt 9:35a), with a multifaceted approach to Kingdom work, including:
- Teaching / Training courses in Medical Missions: (Jesus "...taught in their synagogues..." Matt 9:35b),
- Evangelism and Discipleship: (Jesus "...preached the Good News about the Kingdom..." Matt 9:35c),
- Direct Patient Care: (Jesus "...healed all kinds of diseases and sicknesses." Matt 9:35d)
- Compassionate Mentorship; pointing the hurting toward the Good Shepherd: ("When [Jesus] saw the crowds, he felt compassion for them because they were hurting and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd." Matt 9:36)
- Providing Remote Medical/Dental Consultations for other Missionaries; because so many missionaries are isolated, not medically trained, faced with medical dilemmas, and few in number: ("Jesus said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few."" Matt 9:37)
- Prayer for the Nations & Intercession as led by the Holy Spirit: (Jesus instructed us to "pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest." Matt 9:38)
If you have any questions or want to know more about our ministry, contact us at: theBrysonFamily@gmail.com.
We are able to serve in this much-needed capacity because of God's provision through your generosity!
To donate by check, make checks payable to: Equipnet (NOTE: On the memo line of check, write: Equip3044, not our names). Mail checks to: Equipnet International, P.O. Box 860, Alamo, CA 94507
All donations are tax deductible for U.S. citizens. You will receive a tax receipt via e-mail for each donation.