What is Text2Give?
Text2Give makes it easy to give to First United Methodist Church - Arlington, TX by simply texting an amount to our Text2Give phone number: (817) 203-2774. Register your cell phone and the account you want to draw funds from, and you are ready to go!
How do I register for Text2Give?
Registration requires the use of a browser, either on your phone or other internet-enabled device. In both cases, you will need to have access to your cell phone. To use your phone to register, text REGISTER to (817) 203-2774
. We will respond by text with a link you can use to register using your phone's browser. To use a browser on this device, click here
and follow the instructions to verify your phone number and register. You will receive confirmation by text and email that your registration was successfully completed. We recommend saving (817) 203-2774
to your contacts for easy reference. For questions regarding your account contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or through our website
How do I give a donation using Text2Give?
Once you have registered, simply text an amount up to $1,000.00
(e.g. "$75" or "27.50") to (817) 203-2774
. You will receive confirmation by text and email that your request has been accepted. Your account will be charged/debited in two business days.
Can I direct my donation to a particular fund or funds?
You will receive a link in your donation confirmation which will allow you to designate all or a portion of your donation to a particular fund or campaign of your choosing.
How can I update or cancel my registration?
Text UPDATE to (817) 203-2774
. We will text you a link in response. To use a browser on a device other than your phone, click here
and follow the instructions to verify your phone number and update your registration. If you wish to cancel your registration, text REMOVE to our number. For questions regarding your account contact us at email@example.com
or through our website
How can I request the cancellation of a transaction or have all or part of a donation refunded?
Text REFUND or VOID to (817) 203-2774
. You will receive a text confirming that we have received your request. Someone will contact you to verify the transaction(s) you wish to have refunded.
Are there any additional charges associated with using Text2Give?
No, but, "Message and data rates may apply." What does this mean? Well, when we text you and you text us, it costs the same as if you are exchanging texts with any other new person or organization. Otherwise, there is no additional cost for the use of our Text2Give service!
- By signing up for this service, you agree to receive texts and emails regarding usage of and changes to your account. This is not a recurring message service, and you will not receive any marketing or promotional texts.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text "REMOVE" to our number. After you send the SMS message "REMOVE" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword FAQ for more assistance, or you can get help directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Otherwise, this service is free. You will only receive messages confirming changes to your account or use of this service, so the number of texts you receive depends entirely on how often you use Text2Give. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.